Von Puppen und Hunden

Von Puppen und Hunden

Sonntag, 31. Mai 2020

Nähen gegen die Seuche / Sewing against the plague

Wir leben noch! Das ist heutzutage ja nicht selbstverständlich.

Seit Mitte März habe ich ungefähr 250 Mundschutze genäht und größtenteils verschenkt - an Familie, Freunde, Nachbarn und Kollegen.

Ein paar haben wir aber auch selbst behalten.


We're alive and well! You can't take that for granted these days.

From the middle of March on, I sewed appr. 250 mouthmasks to give them to family, friends, neighbours and colleagues. 

But some we kept for ourselves.


Damit wir immer elegant und passend zum Outfit unterwegs sind.

Am besten gefällt mir dieses Muster (aus einem alten Oberhemd):



So we can always travel in style, mask matching the outfit. 

This fabric I like most (from an upcycled men's shirt):



...... und für Kollegen zum Nachnähen habe ich eine kleine Anleitung gebastelt.

...... and I made a short Howto, for colleagues to sew their own masks.



Aber das beste ist: In der Stoffe-Kiste ist  plötzlich wieder Platz. Ich kann neue Stoffe kaufen!!!!

But the best thing is: suddenly, there's plenty of room in my scraps box. I can buy new fabrics!!!

6 Kommentare:

  1. Hello ! So lovely to know you are safe and well. Your masks are lovely and you have made so many!
    I made a few for family and neighbours and my workmates.It is a good way to start using up your fabric stash :) Then of course you can buy some more to replace it!
    Wishing you a lovely healthy summer
    Dee x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to learn you are well, too - and much better at posting! I only managed 2 posts last year... hope I'll do better this year.
      Replacing fabrics will be a lot of fun, as soon as the shops will get new stock. So many people make their own masks, all the pretty patterns are sold out.

      Löschen
  2. Hello Ursula -
    So good to hear that you are well. Stay safe, and love from everyone here at Gregoropolis!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I've seen your Sasha kids are making the best of the situation. Stay healthy!

      Löschen
  3. How lovely to see you back blogging again Ursula, I have wondered about you often and asked Denise about you too. WOW you have been incredibly busy with all the masks, I made some too but nowhere as many as you have. Amazing, you should be very proud.
    Well now that you're back, I hope you will continue to post as we've missed you :)
    Stay safe and well
    Sharon xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much... yes it's been a long time from my last post. Not much Sasha playing last year, I was so occupied with other things... but they waited patiently, and now some of them are rewarded, since I started sewing again.
      It was almost impossible to get face masks in Germany for some weeks, and those offered were so expensive it bordered on robbery. We had some days off at work because we weren't allowed to use our shared office rooms at the same time (not possible to keep distance), I sat at home and thought, I'd better do something useful... and there was this HUGE fabric stack - so I probably got carried away a bit, but today, only 7 masks from my production remain, all the others found happy new owners.

      Löschen