Von Puppen und Hunden

Von Puppen und Hunden

Montag, 24. Juli 2017

Grünes Monstrum / Green monster

Eve ruft: "Mami!!"

Eve is calling: "Mummy!!"


Ich glaube, Charlie hat einen Drachen getötet! Da werden die Mädels im Village doch sicher beeindruckt sein?

I believe Charlie has killed a dragon! So the girls in the Village certainly will be impressed?


Ich glaube nicht - es handelt sich um eine der Monster-Zucchini, die mein Kollege auf seinem Kompost züchtet. OK sie ist so groß wie eine Sasha - aber keiner musste mit ihr kämpfen.

I don't think so - it's one of the monstrous zucchini my colleague grows on his compost. It's as large as a Sasha - but no one will have to fight it!

11 Kommentare:

  1. That is certainly a big one! I remember when my Dad raised them, I believe our family tried every zucchini casserole recipe in existence.
    Steve

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I'm running out of recipes... but zucchini certainly are versatile! Even the dogs had some of it rasped and carefully stewed.

      Löschen
  2. Very amusing! Hope that you all enjoy eating it.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. We did. And as it was so big, we could enjoy it several times!

      Löschen
  3. Nice to see Evie...she used to live with me when she was a brunette before she moved on and was transformed by Alison...Hope she is behaving herself...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I didn't know that! What a lucky coincidence.
      Yes, she's settled in nicely with our family, she behaves most ladylike (when I'm around) and she is a super model for my humble dress creations. What a difference a hairstyle makes...

      Löschen
  4. That IS a monster!! I don't think I've ever seen a courgette that big!!! I like them small, about 4-5". We've had a bumper crop this year, but they're just about finished now :( x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I usually like them smaller, too, but my colleague very gently gave it to me, so I certainly won't moan. It was not easy to transport it home on a motor scooter, though.

      Löschen
  5. Thank goodness someone , done for it! You wouldn't want that monster roaming round the kitchen ! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, it looks a bit scary - but it never moved, even when Charlie came along and tried to be brave. And now it's eaten up, poor thing.

      Löschen
  6. WOW that is a biggie! I've never seen one as big as this before, was it tasty?
    x

    AntwortenLöschen