Von Puppen und Hunden

Von Puppen und Hunden

Dienstag, 11. April 2017

Ein Hemd für Davy / A shirt for Davy

Diesmal nix Liberty - der arme Davy hat sich nie beschwert, aber ich konnte ihn nicht noch länger in einer Mäddchenbluse auf dem Regal stehen lassen! 

Nothing by Liberty today - poor Davy never complaint, but I couldn't have him any longer standing on my shelf in a girls' blouse!


Der Stoff für sein neues Hemd stammt von einem halben Ärmel, der gerade so reichte. Er ist ein bisschen grob undd franst leicht, deshalb machte ich den Kragen aus Batist. Ich finde den Kontrast ganz hübsch.

The fabric for his new shirt is from a half sleeve, just so enough material. It's a rough homespun quality, fraying easily, so I made the collar from white lawn. I also like the contrast.


Mein Papa nannte Anemonen immer "Nacktärschelchen". Keine Ahnung wieso?

My dad used to call anemones "Nacktärschelchen", which means "nude butts". I have no idea why? 


Davy sagt: Du Mama? Ich brauch auch ne neue Hose!

Davy says: Mummy? I also need new trousers!

7 Kommentare:

  1. Handsome shirt and very appropriate on Davy. New trousers would go nicely with the new shirt. Those saddle shoes are pretty cool, too. "Nude butts"?? You've got me there!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. The shoes are by Boneka. The nude butts must be a dialect issue, but I never understood it, because the flowers don't look like butts at all!

      Löschen
  2. Lovely new shirt Davy and I hope Mum makes you some new trousers to go with t. You have been very patient :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Nice job, and those little collars are not easy to sew!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. They are certainly not easy to sew with fraying fabric - with lawn, it was okay, though fiddly.

      Löschen
  4. A great new shirt for Davy, it's perfect for him and very boyish too. I think the collar works well with the fabric, I like to do contrasting collars too, I think it just sets off the outfit nicely.
    x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What a smart new shirt you now have Davey. Clever mummy!

    AntwortenLöschen